FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview for FRC software install drive 2012 flash dirve support

Hello,

I tried to install the  Labview from "NI LabVIEW for FRC" flash drive. However, when I inserted the flash drive, there were the message formating the drive. I believe the files in the flash drive is currupted. Where can I get support? and Where can I get replacement?  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(18,600 Views)

Hey Roboticsteammentor,

Have you tried using the flash drive in multiple computers? For a replacement flash drive I believe you will have to go through the standard FIRST procedure for damaged parts in the KOP (http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc/2012-kit-of-parts-replacement-parts-process)

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(4,770 Views)

As an alternative installation method to the USB flash drives. You can download trial versions of LabVIEW 2011, the Real Time, FPGA, and Vision modules from ni.com/downloads and then install the FIRST updates and you should be able to get up and running (I just tried it here on my machine to make sure this method worked).  To activate the modules you will just need the serial number that came with the Kit of Parts

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(4,770 Views)

I tried downloading from onlie and entered in the serial no that came with the kit of  Parts. However, I was unable to activate the product. Has anybody tried activating the product?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(4,770 Views)

It activated on my machine but that could be due to some other NI liscenses I have on my machine. This may only be a temporary solution to use until you get the replacement USB drive. The trial version of Labview has the full functionality of Labview it just can only be used for 30 days.

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(4,770 Views)

If you insert your flash drive,it may appear as empty. However, look at your DVD drive letter. The files are available there even though there is no DVD present in the drive....

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(4,770 Views)

Is there any way to activate LabVIEW without having to use the USB key? It would be a lot easier for my team. Surely there must be a solution simpler than having to uninstall everything (which takes the better part of an entire night) and reinstalling it off the flash drive. Besides, there's no guarantee that the replacement flash drive will work. We may be able to get replacements for free (or so I think), but we still pay with time lost.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(4,770 Views)

Hey MasterGeek360,

You are going to need a working USB to get LabVIEW activated properly. When you get the working USB from FIRST and select Install Everything there is an option to just install the FRC 2012 liscense. This should activate the products you need for FRC.

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(4,770 Views)

Thank you.  My "Removable Disk" was empty.  However Drive 😧 contained the SW.  Dumb.  Who would ever look for a new hard drive on their system when they install a USB stick.  Almost as dumb as putting a USB stick in a DVD envelope.  I've waisted a lot of time looking for your answer.  Thank you again for your post.  Excellent.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(4,770 Views)

Kevin, I am also unable to install the software from the USB stick. I have tried several different computers and all give the same result.  I installed the 30 day trial version and installed all of the updates in order, but I don't see any of the FRC stuff when I launch labview.  Any help you could give would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(4,770 Views)