FIRST Robotics Competition Documents

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[FRC 2017] NI Software Setup Guide

Software

NI has 2 installers for FRC 2017.

The "NI Software for FRC 2017" content contains industry standard versions of LabVIEW, Real-Time, Vision, PID, and the FRC Simulator. This content is available via download or on the NI Software DVD in your kit of parts.

The FRC 2017 Update Suite contains all of the FRC Specific content for LabVIEW as well as the Driver station and Utilities that ALL FRC teams will need to install.

Check the options below if you are not sure what you need to download and install.

Installation instructions are included in the What Should I Install? section below.frcsoftware.JPGdownloadSW.JPGNI Software for 2017

NI FRC Update for 2017

The FRC Update Suite Password is &Full$team^Ahead!

Activation

Both the "NI Software for FRC 2017" and the FRC Update Suite will need to be activated. You can find your team's unique serial number on the back of the DVD envelope that is included all teams Kit Of Parts.

The serial Number should start with an 'M'

If you want to install software before you receive you kit of parts just leave the serial numbers blank and LabVIEW will be installed as a trial.

You can Activate LabVIEW after installation using the NI Licence Manager. (Start>Programs>National Instruments>NI Licence Manger

Serial number 2016.png

What should I install?

Option 1: Your team is programming in LabVIEW

Download and Install all components of NI Software for FRC 2017

then Download and Install FRC Update Suite

then restart your computer

Option 2: Your team is using C++ or Java but wants to use NI Vision

Download the NI Software for FRC 2017 and install vision only

then Download and Install FRC Update Suite

Option 3: Your Team is using C++ or Java and only need the required competition software

Just download and Install the FRC Update Suite

Still want to use a 4-slot or 8-slot cRIO? Install FRC 2014 Software:

The 4-slot and 8-slot cRIO controllers can no longer be used for FIRST competitions.  But you can still program these controllers for use in demo robots. You will need to use the NI Software for FRC 2014 installer and the FRC 2014 Update Suite (links below). You will also need the serial number from your FRC 2014 Kit of Parts to use this software.

Download the 2014 NI Software for FRC

Download the 2014 Update Suite

Comments
nestor-sg
NI Employee (retired)
on

Where's the password for the update suite? Or should we use the same password as for the game and season manual? 2017 Kick-off was yesterday. Cheers!

[Update]: Never mind, it was indeed the same password as the game and season manual.

Nestor
KDRC606
on

I installed the 2017 Labview program and the updates, but, I get the error code below when I try to execute.  Any ideas on how to correct?

Exception: Unknown (0xC06D007E) at EIP=0x771EC54F

BoKnows
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

Probably the best way to troubleshoot that would be to give our support team a call KDRC606.  They're available from 1-7PM Central at 866-511-6285 (Monday-Friday)  Give them a call and they'll do everything they can to get you running smoothly.

Team_3840
on
I am getting an error imaging the RoboRIO. "Unable to download image to target. Unable to complete operation because of unexpected error:nisysfg.Ivlib:initialize(Helper).vi:3930001" Anyone know what I can do to get pass this so we can get the new 2017 image onto the roboRIO?
nestor-sg
NI Employee (retired)
on

You might get around that if you try these troubleshooting steps:

Imaging the roboRIO and Common Troubleshooting Techniques

Look especially at section "The roboRIO imaging tool returns an error" and follow those steps. I usually find the NI-MAX step to reformat the one that fixes everything, but I suggest you follow the suggested steps in that order.

Nestor