Our online shopping is experiencing intermittent service disruptions.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C++ runtime error Windows XP

Solved!
Go to solution

Having difficulty getting our Windows XP PCs to deploy code. It abends with a C++ runtime error. We can deploy the same code from a laptop running Windows 7.

From the same Windows XP machine which will not deploy code we have been able to re-image the cRIO. But still can't deploy code.

Has anyone had this problem and found a way to make it work?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,257 Views)

Hey Cherise,

There shouldn't be any issues deploying code from an XP machine. Can you provide details on what exactly the runtime error is? Do you get the same error when deploying the built executable and running Robot_Main in interactive mode (clicking the run button on the VI)?

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,097 Views)

Here's another person reporting a similar issue, who included a screenshot. http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1107896&postcount=3

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,097 Views)

Actually that would be me trying to get assistance from those on Chief Delphi.

There shouldn't be any issues deploying code from an XP machine. Can you provide details on what exactly the runtime error is? Do you get the same error when deploying the built executable and running Robot_Main in interactive mode (clicking the run button on the VI)?

Yes these shouldn't be any issues. I do not know if you can see the reference on ChiefDelphi above, but you would see there is marginally more in the actual message but not much.

WE get the same error no matter how we try to push code out to the cRIO - deploy or click on the arrow.

And no error from a windows 7 machine running windows 7 (i do not think it matters what the operating system is)

But we can run Labview on the XP machine to do the configuring without an error.

In case you can't the deployment status has -"Initializing...... Calculating dependencies.....Checking items for conflicts. This operation could take a while...."

A short time later we have - " Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program:...gram Files\National Instruments\Labview\Labview 2011\Labview.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information"

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,097 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cherise

Hey Cherise,

Thanks for the additional information regarding the error. I would start with a repair of the LabVIEW Real Time Module and see if that resolves the issue. If that doesn't help I would try a repair of LabVIEW then the real time module then the RIO 4.0 drivers.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,097 Views)

I did the repair to the Real Time Module. It automatically setup to a RIO repair when it completed with the RTM. So I thought why not - only to have the software freeze up.

After powering the PC off and back on. I re-did the repair on the RTM and canceled the request for the location for the next module this time. At which point the need to reboot message came up to which I answered ok. Once we were back up I tried pushing out an example VI and it worked correctly twice so I think we have taken care of this one.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,097 Views)