FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build DashBoard Data.vi bug

While testing code, I found what appear to be a bug in the Build Dashboard Data.vi.  I first noticed that the Digital #1 area of the dashboard was not reflecting the actual status of the Digital Module.  On the front panel of the vi, I also noticed that it was not responding correctly.  After running a few probes in the Block Diagram (Case 20,30 and True), I saw that the cluster coming out of DIO Ref OPEN was always Module 2.  A closer look at the code revealed an increment function in the wire that inputs to the DIO Ref Open.  This was effectively asking for module 1 when at iteration 20 and module 2 at iteration 30.  The problem is that the madules are actually named module 0 and module 1.  By removing this function and connecting the wire straight through, the dashboard seems to work and follow the actual IO on the digital card.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,441 Views)

To add, all of the updates had already been downloaded and applied (LabVIEW, Utilities, and Driver Station).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,867 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,867 Views)

Good call on this bug.  For future reference you can report bugs here:

http://firstforge.wpi.edu/sf/tracker/do/listTrackers/projects.wpilib/tracker

This is where we will track them, and where you can find fixes.  If you don't have an account, simply create one, and you will be able to post in the WPILib project.

I went ahead and entered this bug (and assigned it to myself).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,867 Views)