To download NI software, including the products shown below, visit ni.com/downloads.
This example VI will convert a TDMS file into text files that can be read in Excel (tab-delimited ASCII text).
The converted TDMS files will have the extension .lvm. The data can be broken up into a set of files which will share a base name, but with an additional number at the end of the file name denoting their order. This example was created because the Write to Measurement File Express VI will reset the time data for each new file created from a large waveform with a real timestamp for t0.
The final text files will each contain an identical header of data. This header will have the channel group name, waveform time stamp, sample time interval and channel name for each column.
Steps to Implement or Execute Code
1. Run the VI.
2. Enter the path to the TDMS file you wish to convert in the Measurement File path control.
3. Enter the path for the save folder in the Save Folder path control. This is the folder in which the converted text files will be saved.
4. Enter the filename for the saved files in the Saved File Name string control. This is the name of the saved files which will be created by the VI.
5. When prompted with the file selection dialog, navigate to the TDMS file you wish to convert.
6. When the conversion is complete, the VI will terminate execution. Note that this VI will take several seconds to execute for large file sizes. (45 seconds for waveforms with 180000 samples.) The time is mostly spent generating the time data for the final spreadsheet.
Additional Information or Resources
**This document has been updated to meet the current required format for the NI Code Exchange.**
Example code from the Example Code Exchange in the NI Community is licensed with the MIT license.