From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Driver Development Kit (DDK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-7953R FlexRIO Custom Drivers

Hi,

I recently came across the NI Measurement Hardware Driver Development Kit (MHDDK) and all of its associated documentation.

My problem is as follows:

When using RIO to communicate with my FlexRIO device, the latency is unacceptable to my clients (over 5 microseconds to send and receive small amounts of data <150 bytes)

Q: So I hope to develop my own drivers which will be optimized for such data transfers, and my question is,does anybody have any advice of what I should do? 

Q: Does anybody know where I can find more documentation with regards to my PXI-7953R device?  Such as how to use what register to do transfer data to write to a control...etc?

So far I have used NI-Spy to trap all calls made to my RIO device, unfortunately however, none of these functions are documented and I have been unable to reproduce the same results by using NI-VISA.

Thanks!

John

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,413 Views)

Hi John,

For help with the RIO Driver Development Kit, you can send any questions you have to RIODDK@ni.com. Good luck!

Andy H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,396 Views)