Distributed Control & Automation Framework (DCAF)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating I/O Module From Project Template

I have found an issue when creating an I/O module using the project template.  In the ProjectTemplate\MetaData\NISE_DataEngine.xml file, the MetaDataClass field for the I/O module is pointing to a file that does not exist.

Original

<MetaDataClass>scripting/DCAFConfigurablePluginDecideFeatures.lvclass</MetaDataClass>

Fixed

<MetaDataClass>scripting/TagBusConfigurablePluginDecideFeatures.lvclass</MetaDataClass>

When I changed mine to call the fixed path I see the correct spec page but it gives me an error saying a file path is too long when creating the project.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(8,872 Views)

Here is an image of the error.  It doesn't look like it attached to my original post.

Error_1357.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(8,580 Views)

Indeed, this does affect the version out on tools network.  I've added an issue on the Github repo to track this.https://github.com/LabVIEW-DCAF/DCAFSampleProjects/issues/36

Can you help me quantify the severity of this for you?  (i.e., is this holding up production or project deadlines, or just an annoyance keeping you from experimenting with the templates)

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(8,580 Views)

Right now this is just an annoyance

Message 4 of 9
(8,580 Views)

Thanks for reporting the issue.  We have some other pending changes to the templates that are in work, so it will take a little while before we can roll out a fix to this.  Broken templates are obviously a problem, and we will address it as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(8,580 Views)

FYI, to repair the issue on your system, you can follow these steps:

Leave the XML file as is (referring to DCAFConfigurablePluginDecideFeatures.lvclass).

Create a new project in LabVIEW.

Add the TagBusConfigurablePluginDecideFeatures.lvclass

Right click on the class, Save As.  Rename the class file to DCAFConfigurablePluginDecideFeatures.lvclass in the same folder.

Right click on the class, choose Save All (this class).

Close the project (no need to save the project).

This will permit creation of the sample project.

Once the in-flight code edits to the template are complete in our development branch, we'll merge in these changes for the next release.

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(8,580 Views)

Ok, I believe we have a fix in place.

Can you please install this package and verify that it does indeed resolve this issue?

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
Message 7 of 9
(8,580 Views)

that works

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(8,580 Views)

Thanks.  I'll roll it into the main branch so it will go out on Tools Network with the next batch of updates.  If you see any other annoyances, please let us know so we can fix them.

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(8,580 Views)