From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pxi-4071 constant current

We use 4110 voltage source for current measurements on pxi-4071. We supply high-ohm (1.5 GigaOhm) resistor with few volts and measure current on 4071. All cables are shielded on ground of 4110 voltage source, but cables are about 5 meters long. What can be reason for constant current 5 nA at zero supply voltage? We don't know whether it software or hardware problem, and i already asked this question in LabView forum, autozero enabled in max doesn't help. Could be a reason bad shielding of ground in pxi-4110 voltage source

?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,091 Views)

I would focus on the hardware side initially. I would try the following steps.

1) Make a current measurement on the 4071 with the inputs open to see if there is an offset. If so we should look into the DMM configuration.

2) Connect your cabling and/or resistor without the 4110. If this adds the offset then it seems to be shielding/noise related.

3) Connect the cabling and/or resistor to the 4110 with the output disabled. If this adds the offset then it could be ground related or also related to an offset in the 4110 output.

Steve B

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,067 Views)

Hey Alyast,

Can you also verify what range you're in?

Thanks!

National Instruments
Precision DC Hardware Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,058 Views)

Hi I need someone who can help me, I'm doing a program I receive my myDAQ analog signals, the problem I have is that you as connecting a combox to my program, I want is that when you make the selection of AC voltmeter, the program will go to the 7.3 multiplier stage, or when I select Voltmeter DC is to be a multiplier of 9.8, please need help.

Hola necesito a alguien que me pueda ayudar, estoy realizando un programa que recibo señales analogas con mi MYDAQ, el problema que tengo es que no se como conectar un combox a mi programa, lo que quiero es que cuando haga la seleccion de voltimetro AC, el programa se vaya a la etapa de multiplicador por 7.3, o cuando selecciono Voltimetro DC se vaya a un multiplicador de 9.8, por favor necesito ayuda.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,760 Views)

Hi Aleman2012,

In order to make sure that the forums are searchable and that your question is easily found, I would recommend only posting the question one time. Also, since this is a forum for DMMs and power supplies, it would be best if we continued from this thread that you had been receiving help in already.

Regards,

Jason D

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,724 Views)