From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-4065 Linux Drivers

Solved!
Go to solution

I am looking into the possibility of utilizing the USB-4065 as the reference device in a calibration system which is under development.  The client which will interface with the USB-4065 runs a Linux OS. Does a version of the NI-DMM linux driver exist or are any linux compatible libraries which supports the USB-4065? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,942 Views)
Solution
Accepted by benwjj42

benwjj42,

NI-DMM 2.5 is available for Linux. However, this driver is pretty old - it does not support the USB 4065, and most of the Linux distributions it supports are pretty outdated.

Your best bet will likely be to either use a card that is supported by NI-DMM 2.5 such as the PCI-4070, or look into the possibility of bringing Windows into the equation somehow - this would give you the most options.

VanCamp

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,912 Views)

Thank you, it looks like we will have to look into other DVMs.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,851 Views)

Are you on PXI?

Will a PCI / PCIe device do?

Or must it be USB?

Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
NI Driver Software
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,835 Views)

Has anything changed over the last couple of years?  The readme files for the linux drivers seem to indicate support for the USB-4065, but I think I have installed all the drivers (on Ubuntu 21.04) and the NI hardware configuration utility is telling me the USB devices are "unsupported".  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,347 Views)

>The readme files for the linux drivers seem to indicate support for the USB-4065,

This is the NI-DMM for Linux/x86 64-bit Architecture Readme, Version 21.3. It supports modern 64-bit Linux distributions.

Unfortunately, USB-4065 is not supported, and it is not listed in the document. Where did you see it listed?

Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
NI Driver Software
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,339 Views)

Ah, thanks for the link.  I had just gone to the NI-DMM downloads page, selected Linux, and clicked the readme link but missed there were two different readme's available (one for non-Linux and one for Linux).

Are there any plans to support these devices in Linux?  Or is there any other way to communicated with the USB-4065's using a Linux OS / Python?  

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,334 Views)

Unfortunately there are no plans at the moment to add support for USB-4065 to Linux.

Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
NI Driver Software
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,323 Views)