Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Input Resistance on the PXI-4071

Solved!
Go to solution

The specifications for the PXI-4071 DMM indicate that the input resistance can be chosen as either 10 MOhm or 10 GOhm for the 100 mV, 1 V, and 10 V ranges. I see where this can be input on the instrument soft panel, but I have been unable to locate how to configure the input resistance when using the DMM in a VI. Suggestions?

Thanks!

Jeff

Jeffrey Zola
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,250 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Jeffrey_Zola

You need to use a property node.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,242 Views)

Ah.  Looked at the Property Node, but didn't go deep enough. Nor could I find it in the help files or any of the other online documents.

Thanks!

Jeff

Jeffrey Zola
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,232 Views)

@Jeffrey_Zola wrote:

Ah.  Looked at the Property Node, but didn't go deep enough. Nor could I find it in the help files or any of the other online documents.

Thanks!

Jeff

One other somewhat important detail I found necessary: You must use the "Change All To Write" option on the menu that comes up by right-clicking on the Property Node. Otherwise, the DVM remains with 10MOhm impedance.

Just thought I'd add this for those who search for this thread later on!

Jeff

Jeffrey Zola
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(7,190 Views)

Hey Jeff,

That is correct.  Otherwise, you're simply reading the input resistance, which by default is 10MΩ.  Let us know if you have any other questions!

-John Sullivan
Problem Solver
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(7,186 Views)