Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-4050A/4051

I am attempting to calibrate some NI-4050A and NI-4051 DMMs with Calibration Executive 3.4.1. Those are not on the list, so I select DAQCard-4050 to run the procedure. When I do, I receive the following error message(s):

Error 1003 occurred at Open VI Reference in cex_ReadDriverVersion.vi->cex_FindProcedureINIAndGetVersionInfo.vi->cex_FindProcedureINIAndGetVersionInfo.vi.ProxyCaller
VI Path: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Calibration Executive\Source\vi.lib\ProcessModel\QueryDriverVersions\specificDrivers\cex_Read_NI-DMM_Version.vi
at step Query Driver Versions
LabVIEW:  The VI is not executable. Most likely the VI is broken or one of its subVIs cannot be located.  Open the VI in LabVIEW using File>>Open and verify that it is runnable.

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  The VI is not executable. Most likely the VI is broken or one of its subVIs cannot be located.  Open the VI in LabVIEW using File>>Open and verify that it is runnable.

I saw a similar error in the Knowledge Base (Document ID: 3N0E4NSF) where the solution was to download the latest device drivers. I tried that to no avail. Are the NI-4050A and NI-4051 new enough that no calibration procedures have been written for them as of yet?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,161 Views)

Hey Scott,

These products are manufactured for particular OEMs and aren't supported in CalExec.  If you're a third party calibration lab, please contact the OEM, as they have particular information from NI on how to calibrate the instruments.  Have a great day!

-John Sullivan
Problem Solver
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,156 Views)