From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simulated device NI 6509

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

My question must be quite simple but I haven't found the response.

I have a NI-6509 card and it should be possible, according different Tutorial or helper I read, to simulate, using MAX, the device without being connected to my laptop. Thing that would be very usefull keeping developping on my laptop C# applications when travelling outside the office.

" Now with NI-DAQmx 7.4 or above, using simulated devices, you can develop, execute and troubleshoot DAQ applications without having the applicable hardware installed [...] A simulated NI-DAQmx device is a replica of a device created using the NI-DAQmx Simulated Device option in the Create New menu of MAX for the purpose of operating a function or program without hardware. An NI-DAQmx simulated device behaves similarly to a real device. Its driver is loaded, and programs using it are fully verified..

The fact is that I can't make working, at the same time, my application - for example, the WriteDigPort.exe application provided with dotnet 2.0 examples - and a simulated NI-6509 device with a task generated to simulate a output port on Dev1/port 0 for instance. I have a conflict error.

I really don't see how to simply check that my application is going to set to "1", for example, all the bits of my virtual Dev1/port 0 port on MAX and light the corresponding "virtual Leds" ?

Same for the reading: how th chech with a simultaed device that my application is reading correctly a port that I have set to a defined value ?

Thanks alot for the answer !

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,953 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author renacas

Hi,

You can't read simulated output. The purpose of simulated device is to offer the possibility to start program without hardware; also with a simulated device you can check if the syntax of your program is correct and verify if the data you are writing meets specification for your board.

You maybe find some usefull informations here:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3698#toc3

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
(3,938 Views)
Ok, this point has been confirmed by the support too. I thought it was possible, like a fpga with modelsim for example, to simulate the behavior of the card. Thanks for your answer.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,919 Views)