Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pxi-6552 error code -238805 Internal Hardware Error occurred in MIG hardware

Greeting all,

While excercising streaming with PXI-6552, I met the error in the title (error code -238805) on and off. Any idea on why it happens and what I can do about it?

Thanks,

Tian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,605 Views)

Tian,

Do you only get this error when you are streaming data or do you also get the same error if you try and use the card for any other HSDIO program? Also, could you tell me what PXI Chassis and PXI Controller you are using with your system. If you happen to be in a PXIe Chassis with the PXIe-8133 Controller there is a known issue where you can get a similar error. This KnowledgeBase linked below provides additional details.

MIG Hardware Error -238809 with PXI NI-HSDIO Devices and the NI PXIe-8133:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/28877A20164C595E862577D700001523?OpenDocument

If this is not the case the general the troubleshooting steps I would recommend would be the following:

1. Reset the device in Measurement and Automation Explorer.
  2. Reboot the PXI controller.
  3. Try a different PXI slot.
  4. Reinstall the device driver in the device manager (you don’t need to reinstall NI-HSDIO) by deleting the device and letting the operating system re-detect the hardware (Action>> Scan for New Devices in the Windows Device manager).
  5. Update the driver to the latest version. (This will depend on if you are using LabVIEW and what version of LabVIEW you are using. NI-HSDIO 1.7.4 supports back to LabVIEW 8.5.1).
  6. If possible try the card in a different system.

Let me know the results of these tests. Thanks!

Aaron W.
National Instruments
CLA, CTA and CPI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,595 Views)