Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

examples programing 6501

Hi new to Labview. I have a simple task in mind using the USB 6501. I need it to count TTL pulses and set one of its DIO lines when it reaches are certain value. Any suggestions on a good place to start. Are there published examples for this board?

Thanks
Lost in Space
Message 1 of 4
(5,268 Views)
Sure. Go to Help>Find Examples. Expand Hardware Input and Output>DAQmx>Counter Measurements>Count Digital Events. Open the example called Count Digital Events. There are a large number of shipping examples. For hardware, the requirements window will list all of the boards that can use the example.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,260 Views)
Hi,

Being a newbie in programming with the usb-6501 device, and looking for basic code samples, i found this topic. However (and this may sound very stupid), I can't figure out the description below. I looked in the Measerment and Automation Explorer, browsed the foroms and the whole site, without luck.

In fact, i'm looking for some really simple code samples to do set and unset digital lines on the device. i don't think it can get more basic than that.

Thanks in advance, and yes, I feel kind of stupid asking this 🙂

Sander

Dennis Knutson wrote:
Sure. Go to Help>Find Examples. Expand Hardware Input and Output>DAQmx>Counter Measurements>Count Digital Events. Open the example called Count Digital Events. There are a large number of shipping examples. For hardware, the requirements window will list all of the boards that can use the example.
Message Edited by SanderG on 01-14-2009 02:34 PM
Message 3 of 4
(4,768 Views)
This old post was from someone using LabVIEW. If you aren't using that, then the response would make no sense to you. There are shipping examples for other programming languages. On my pc with XP, they are located in Documents and Settings\All Users\Shared Users\National Instrument\NI-DAQ\Examples. The location is also provided in the DAQmx help file (Start>Programs>National Instruments>NI-DAQ). If you are using LabVIEW, then just use the menu in LabVIEW like I described.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,759 Views)