From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Works on one laptop and not another

I have two laptops, exactly the same model. LabViewPDA works fine on one and not the other. The one it works fine on is running XP Home. The problem is on the laptop running XP Pro. When signal goes through a DAQ6501into the XP Pro laptop it has signal spikes and appears to be running slow. Every clocked second takes 2-3 real seconds and most of the signal is spiking. The device runs well on the XP Home laptop.
Unfortunately I am not an EE or a software person. I hoped to run a blue tooth connection to a palmtop with signal results from the laptop.
Thank you in advance for any help.
Ed
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,804 Views)
Ed,

Are you using the same 6501 device on both the XP Home and XP Pro computers? Are you using the same VI on both computers? What LabVIEW and DAQmx versions are you using?

Can you give more details about what you mean when you say it appears to be running slow. The 6501 is software timed so this means that depending on how you have it set up, it will only return data for each time you call the Read VI. If you have 2 seconds of timing in your loop with a DAQmx Read, then it will only read once every 2 seconds. Can you post of screenshot of the code you are running?

You can also try reading the signal using the Test Panels in the Measurement & Automation Explorer. You can access these by right clicking on your device and choosing Test Panels. Are you able to see correct results using this? Can you post a screenshot of the spikes you are seeing?
Regards,

Chris Delvizis
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,782 Views)