Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using PCI-6534 in buffered pattern output mode problem

hi,

I am currently using PCI-6534 with LabVIEW 7.1. I am using the PCI-6534 to do a buffered pattern output using 2 ports i.e port 0 and 1. Port 0 and 1 is configured to be pattern output with external clocking. NI website has an example of doing a fast buffered pattern output by using an icon called buffer control with the parameter set to reserved which allows me to skip the step of reconfiguring the PCI-6534. However, after running the code, if the last data for the particular line is suppose to be high, it will not retain the last state of the data. It will return back to low. My assumption of this vi is, if the last state is set to high, and if I do not call anything else in my program, it should not change its state.How can I avoid this problem? I also looked at the DPULL which allows all the line to be set to high or low by pulling it to ground( default) or to 5V. But I only want certain lines to be high as default. I attached a screen capture of the code I used for the pattern output code. Thanks for any recommendation .
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,224 Views)
Hi Rando,

I did a quick search of NI.com for 6534 default state and found the following links that should help you get pointed in the right direction.

What Is the State of the Digital I/O Channels of My Device When My Computer Powers On?

NI 653X User Manual

If these don't explain what you were looking for, then post again and we'll see what else can be done.

Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,211 Views)

hi Otis,

The KB only mentioned how to configure all the lines to be either high or low. I will like to configure two lines to have a default state of high and 6 other lines to have a default state of low.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,203 Views)
Hi Rando,

You can only configure the power-on state for Port 0-3 (Data Pull) and for Port 4-5 (Control Pull).  You can set all of them to default high or default low, but you cannot configure the individual lines.  This helps simplify the setting of the power-on states as most users only need to specify power-on states for all lines in a single direction.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,186 Views)