From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-6570/PXIe-5433 : Can I get a real time digital pattern waveform with these modules?

PXIe-6570 : 32-Channel Digital Pattern Instrument

PXIe-5433 : 80 MHz Bandwidth, 16-bit PXI Waveform Generators

I learned to export digital patterns using PXIe-6570.

However, I wonder if I can receive digital patterns from this module and save data in real time like an oscilloscope and what programs I should use if possible.

I think what I understand is only possible to load a digital pattern data file (.csv) from that module.
However, if you can show me the digital pattern in real time, i would appreciate it if you could let me know a brief method.

In addition, I think we can get a digital trigger signal using PXIe-5433, so I'd appreciate it if you could tell me if this can also be checked in real time and how to do it briefly.

I can't understand even if I read the manual, so I post it. I'd appreciate your help.

Other modules and parts I have

: CB-2162(Single-Ended Digital I/O Accessory

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,533 Views)

In terms of 6570, there is no readily available way to capture the signal like a digital logic analyzer or an HSDIO 655x. The easiest way would be to create a pattern that captures data on all the channels for all vectors and you can save this U32 array to a file either from Digital Pattern Editor or using any ADE (LV, C# etc.,).

In terms of triggers, yes, you can route the trigger from 5433 to 6570 (for example, start trigger to do a stimulus capture)

Note: meaning of real-time differs, nothing is real-time as there will be delays as the signal propagates through each element, even a scope is not real-time, it captures for x duration and display it afterwards.

Questions,

• How are you using the 6570, only from Digital Pattern Editor manually or using an ADE?
  • How familiar are you with automating 6570?
  • What kind of synchronization are you looking to achieve between 5433 and 6570?
  • Could you provide more details about your application to guide you better?
Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,504 Views)

It sounds like what you want is something similar to Capture memory - https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/375145F-01/digipat6570/capture/

It's not quite like the digital logic analyzer on an oscilloscope, but it's a similar concept. Does this meet your needs?

Brian Morgan | NI Software Engineer, R&D
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,499 Views)

I couldn't reply for a long time because of the project. I'm sorry.

I think I wrote the meaning of real-time wrong.

I wanted to know the constant period of the pulse signal measured even though there was a delay.

What I wanted to do was to receive the pulse signal in a certain period and measure the period.

To measure the period it doesn't matter if signal displayed or digital signal data is listed.

In terms of triggers, yes, you can route the trigger from 5433 to 6570

=> Does this mean signal > 5433 > 6570? I don't understand...

Questions,

• How are you using the 6570, only from Digital Pattern Editor manually or using an ADE? => yes, only from Digital Pattern Editor manually to use 6570
  • How familiar are you with automating 6570? => I don't know about automation, but I set them all myself using a digital pattern editor.
  • What kind of synchronization are you looking to achieve between 5433 and 6570? => 6570 was used to send digital signals through a digital pattern editor, and as mentioned earlier, I would like to use 6570 or 5433 to read digital signals.
  • Could you provide more details about your application to guide you better? => If you are talking about information on digital pattern editors, I will attach it below. The picture below is part of the setting manual for using the digital pattern editor I made. (Originally, the Korean version.)

Thank you for your interest and answer. 

If I can't find the answer in the end because I lack comprehension, I'm just going to use an oscilloscope. 😞

chochae_0-1633423944695.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,435 Views)

I couldn't reply for a long time because of the project. I'm sorry.

I think I wrote the meaning of real-time wrong.

I wanted to know the constant period of the pulse signal measured even though there was a delay.

What I wanted to do was to receive the pulse signal in a certain period and measure the period.

To measure the period it doesn't matter if signal displayed or digital signal data is listed.

@BrianMorgan  작성:

It sounds like what you want is something similar to Capture memory - https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/375145F-01/digipat6570/capture/

I read about capture, too. I didn't understand the meaning of capture... 😞 Thank you for your answer.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,433 Views)