Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-6711 Trigger and Generate Different Waveform

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to generate a DC voltage to control an actuator (0-3V). 

Basically, when receiving a trigger signal, the board will generate a steady 0V; then for the next trigger signal, it will generate 0.1V and so on until it reaches 3V and then it will start over from 0V.  

The trigger signals are roughly 5~10 Hz, and connected to port PFI6.

I was trying to find a function to see if the program is triggered or not and if it is, the voltage will increase by 0.1V.  But, I can't find such a function.  

I am not pretty sure how to construct the code now.  I would appreciate hearing any thought on this.  Thanks.

qq.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,200 Views)

Since you just need a stable DC value for each trigger, I would suggest you to use the trigger signal as sample clock and write a waveform where each sample value corresponds to the trigger in order.

This way, DAQ will iterate through each sample in the waveform for each trigger signal.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,168 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tsechang

An example implementation of my suggested idea. I don't know if this actually works but as per my understanding, it should and might require some level of debug to get it working.

santo_13_0-1624579438052.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 3 of 4
(1,165 Views)

There is no issue to run the program.  It works really well and the output is exactly what I want.  Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,142 Views)