From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max number of samples captured per pin on PXIe 6570

What is the max capture memory for each 6570 digital pin, given 32 pins on card?

How many points max can be captured on a given digital pin in a pattern before it runs out of memory?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,968 Views)

santo_13_0-1589385230802.png

As per the specification sheet, it is 1M samples. It is not advised to fill up the memory (once you fill up, fetching such larger samples will take time), but rather stream data by frequently fetch the samples as and when the pattern is running.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,917 Views)

Can I measure 1 million samples on all 32 IO pins in parallel in a single pattern. I cannot break the capture due to requirements. 

I want to know the maximum number of samples I  can capture on all 32 channels while running them in parallel.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,896 Views)

In my experience, you can capture even larger than 1M if you could continuously call the fetch VI with a chunk of samples to read in a loop until you got the samples you need.

Order of operations,

1. Burst Pattern with Wait Until Done as F

2. In a loop call Fetch Captured Samples with a reasonable size that provides you enough time not to overflow 1M memory

3. Once you capture the required samples, exit the loop

4. Abort the pattern if the pattern doesn't have a HALT opcode or use Wait Until done API

Any reason you would need to have all 1M on 6570 memory and then transfer to Host?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,880 Views)