From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any proper time delay that I can refer to for a ChangeDetection interrupt?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

For the change detection function in PCIE-6509 /USB or similar, the manual indicates that:

When an input change occurs, the NI USB-6509 generates an interrupt, and the NI-DAQ driver then notifies the software.

I suppose we can consider the hardware interrupt generates super fast as it's  ASIC based. But what is the possible time range that it gone through the driver and hit user's software ?(e.g a C#.NET software in low CPU load) .   Is 1us level reasonable? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,360 Views)
Solution
Accepted by JoeGoz

This is not a definitive answer, but based on long experience with DAQmx under Windows I would tend to plan for several 10's of usec minimum.  I don't think it'll be realistic to hope for single digits of usec regularly.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,320 Views)