Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating 3rd party Varian x-ray detector to LabView

I have a Varian Pacscan 4030x detector I would like to control with LabView 2015. I currently can extract images from a Neon BitFlow Frame Grabber card and display them. I am getting correct dark images using the frame grabber card. My next goal is to use the etherenet cable connecting the command processor of the detector to LabView to control detector modes, exposure time, frame rate, buffer time, ect. 

I have tried using the FPGA suite but in order to open the connection I need a bitfile. I do not know how to generate or find a bitfile for my detector. I also have the IMAQ suite. I am having trouble using IMAQ becuase I can not get my 3rd party detector to show up in the MAX software.

Thank you for your help! No vi's are attached because I have not been able to create any that are applicable to this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,496 Views)

There is a likelihood that your driver is not supported.  Where did you get the driver for your camera?

If you are able to extract and display images from your card, an alternative could be to import them to LabVIEW and then do the processing.

This White Paper is also good for getting started FPGA for Vision:http://www.ni.com/white-paper/11417/en/

Kelli Kravetz
Product Marketing Manager
LabVIEW, LabVIEW NXG, LabWindows/CVI, Measurement Studio
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,457 Views)

I HAVE SAMSUNG FLAT PANEL DETECTOR, LLX240 AB0-1 BOUGHT FROM EBAY,  BUT CAME WITH NO ACCESSORIES i.e power supply, ethernet cables and software.

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME ACQUIRE AND PUT IN TO USE ?

THE MANUFACTURER  COULD NOT HELP ME ACQUIRE THEM BECAUSE THEY DEAL WITH ONLY REGISTERED AGENTS.

ALSO, I HAVE SITED ANOTHER  PAXSCAN 4030E FLAT PANEL RECEPTOR WITH CABLE, POWER SUPPLY BUT NO GENERATOR AND SOFTWARE.

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME IF IT IS WORTH BUYING(PRICE NO ISSUE NOW) AND THE MISSING ACCESSORIES CAN BE OBTAIN EASILY? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,835 Views)