Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I troubleshoot PCI-6601?

I have a PCI - 6601 and I want to know if it is working corretly?  How do I troubleshoot this?

Thanks,Vic.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,892 Views)

Hi Vic,

Assuming that you have LabVIEW on your test machine, generally the easiest way to test to see if your board is functioning properly is to run a couple of the shipping examples that come with the LabVIEW software.  You can find these by going to Help>>Find Examples. If you are simply looking to verify each of the functions of the board, it would be useful to test the digital input, digital output and counter measurements  functions of the board. To do this you can use any of the Digital Measurements sample VI’s, the Digital Generation sample vi’s, the Counter Measurements sample VI’s. You can find these samples if you browse to Hardware Input and Output>>DAQmx>>… It is best to test the simplest of the examples so setup is easy.

Also, in general an easy way to start troubleshooting is using the Test Panels for Digital Input/Output and Counters in Measurement & Automation Explorer. Here you can configure a simple acquisition or generation, which will present some insight on where the problem may lie.

Is there a specific problem that you are having, or functionality that you are seeing as faulty? If not the methods described above are good troubleshooting steps.

Chris W
Applications Engineer::High Speed Products Group

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,878 Views)