Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I input a digital waveform on the 6509?

I'm new to labview and I can't figure out how to read a time varying digital waveform and output it to the front panel. Attached is the file I've been working with. It outputs a digital waveform, but I can't figure out how to have the other channel read digital data and graph it. It for some reason only graphs the current state. I may have to create an array of the boolean data and then graph that, but I can't figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,513 Views)
Hello,

It is my understanding that you wish to graph the entire history of your digital data capture. One thing you may want to try is to change the digital waveform graph to a digital waveform chart. To do this, open the front panel of your VI, [right-click] on the digital waveform graph control and select [Replace]>>[Graph Inds]>>[Chart]. Try running your VI to see if the output displays in your desired format now.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can further assist you.

Best Regards,

Joe Des Rosier
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,513 Views)
Hi User,

To run and graph to the front panel continuously rather than doing snapshots, you probably have to use an array. As new data comes, you would shift the new data to the front of the array and pass the array to the waveform graph. That way, old data is not overwritten, but rather pushed back in the array.

I also found an example program that might help you.
Acquire Digital Waveform

Hope this helps!

Jeremy L.
National Instruments
Jeremy L.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,513 Views)

Sorry to bring this posting back from the dead, but I was wondering if you can update the "Acquire Digital Waveform" to LV8.6? I think it will be use for me.

Thanks,

Henry

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,003 Views)