Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I transmit a video signal to TV?

Hi,

Does any one know how I can transmit a video signal to a TV? I have written a labview program to play the video on my PC...but i need to send the video signal to TV....I dont need my entire desktop to be viewed on the TV, just the video....what type of hardware do i need.....can i use the serial port to connect to TV??

I have a mpg file on my PC which needs to be played on TV....any suggestions on hardware or software!!!!!

Can anyone help??? Please.....

thanks,
Regeesh
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,436 Views)
Hello Regeesh,

The PCI-5431 would be the best solution for you, but it's somehow expensive. You can check the specs of the board by going to the link below:

http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/nioc.vp?cid=12715〈=US

I guess the easiest solution would be to just use a video card signal that is a couple hundred bucks and use it to show the video you have in a TV.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Hope this helped,

LA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,414 Views)
Most NVidia video cards which support TV output are capable of routing any "full screen" video to the TV out. What this *actually* means is that if a video source is playing anywhere on the desktop, it will be enlarged and shown full-screen on the TV output, leaving the video in a window on the windows desktop.

I use this feature to watch DVDs (or I did, until I got a DVD player... I'm a poor student 😞 ). All you have to do is use a video player which supports hardware overlay. Just about any video player should support this either by default or with a setting inside the player. Windows Media Player does it by default. The full-screen output is configured using the "Advanced..." setting under the Display Control Panel -> Settings tab. It might take a little toying to figure it out at first, but I think this should serve your purposes quite well.

You can probably find an NVidia video card with TV out for US$50 or so if you look at some online merchants. The drivers are really just amazing in terms of what it lets you configure.

Good luck,

Dave
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,362 Views)

Regeesh,

I am interested in the program that you wrote.  I am trying to do exactly what you have questioned here.   I need to output a video file to the secondary moniter or TV out of a video card.   Could you send me your program?  The email you can reach me at is monzue2@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,053 Views)