From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital output pinout

This is a really basic question but I got myself confused.  When I use "Measurement Automation" or "Measurement Studio"'s digital output GUI to change the digital outputs, I change lines 0-7.  But I don't know which pins on the Connector block these change.  At first I thought pins 4,7,9,12,13,15 etc (the ones labeled "D GND") were the ones that I was changing and they were either digital OR ground.  But since they don't change, I figure they are probably always just digital ground.  What are the pins that I am changing labeled then?  Are they AO 0-7?  The AO throws me off and makes me think they are only for analog signals but maybe they are for digital too.

Thank you very much!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,615 Views)

We need to know what card or device you have connected to the PC.

As you presumed, DGND's are always held at digital ground, AO are analog outputs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,603 Views)
Analogkid2digitalman,

I have an unrealated question. unfortuneately I could not find your email address to communicate directly.Anyways I found a post on the forum concerning the davis vantage pro2 weather station and interfacing it with labview. We are performing data analysis on photovoltaic energy and the amount of energy it produces and how that correlates to the weather.

2 questions

1. Have you been succesfull pulling data from the davis unit and bringing it into labview?
2. How does the Davis Dll allow max to "see" the device?

I just would like to make sure this would be a viable solution before purchasing the equiptment.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,593 Views)
Thank you.  It ends up the digital input/outputs are labeled as P0.0, P0.1, P0.2 etc.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,590 Views)

Theresa:

Glad you figured it out. I did not want to give you incorrect information since I was unsure what card you had.

-AK2DM

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,577 Views)
ME4 (Chris)

It would have been better if you posted in one of the Davis related threads. But anyways,

1. No, I never tinkered around with the Davis dll in LabVIEW (not much spare time to tinker at home)sad smiley
2. The dll will not allow MAX to see the device since MAX is strictly for National Instruments hardware. You need to make calls to the dll within LabVIEW.

Also note that the Vantage Pro has the option for solar and UV radiation sensors, thus I presume you would require at least the solar.

-AK2DM
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,575 Views)
analogkid2digitalman,

Thanks for the heads up. Sorry for posting here I just ran accross one of your posts and thought you may have some insight into how the DLL interfaces with the vantage pro and LV. Thanks again!

Chris
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,561 Views)