Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDS in 5422

i m having some doubts in 5422..

in data sheet, indicated DDS lines, how to use and what is the impotant of this lines?.

as welll what is step response?..what is rise time and fall time what is the application related to that?.why it is required so much low?.

what is the importance of auxilaury outputs?..why it is required?.
what is market output

what is sequence length per channels?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,392 Views)

Hi Sahara,

I understand that you have some questions about the 5422 arbitrary waveform generator.  First, I would like to post the specifications for this card and the link to download the help file for all Signal Generators.  Now I will address some of your questions.

The 5422 does not support DDS.  If you search for DDS in the NI Signal Generators Help, it shows the devices that support this functionality.  With DDS, a fixed memory stores one cycle of a periodic waveform.  The 5422 does not use DDS but generates standard waveforms by downloading them to the card and generating them just like arbitrary waveforms.  The NI-FGEN driver then selects the best clock mode, sample rate, and buffer size. 

When you address the step response of the card, I assume you are referring to the filtering that can be applied.  On page 5 of the specifications linked above, there is data on the rise/fall time of the response when applying an analog filter.  These are related to the response of the waveform output after the filtering.

I'm not sure where you found information about the auxiliary outputs on the card.  I know there are some auxiliary outputs available on our DIO cards to be used when you need to configure extra channels.  Also, did you mean to say "marker output?" If so, there is some information on marker events in the NI Signal Generators Help file as well.  Again, just go to the search and type in "marker event."

Finally, I would take a look at the product page and see if you can find more information about the sequence length per channel.  I would assume here you would be talking about the amount of onboard memory of the card.  In this case, this information is shown with the overview in the above link.

If you have more questions or this has not been a sufficient amount of information, please let me know.  Thanks!

Message Edited by Vanessa L on 04-28-2008 03:18 PM

Regards,
Vanessa L.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,372 Views)

first of all thanks for the reply. hope that every time i will get someone's help from the forum.

two things i would like to share with you is..

1. i have found this two links which shows how technical parameter affects your system

https://www.ni.com/en-us/innovations/white-papers/06/advanced-waveform-sequencing-and-triggering-on-...

https://www.ni.com/en/support/documentation/supplemental/06/advanced-arbitrary-waveform-generator-fe...

which is too useful to me like the person having 0 technical knowledge. can you provide me same kind of links for understanding of PCI, PXI, PCIe.

2.also i would like to know the importance of some parameter in real experimental life.Like i m much intersted to know the importance of sampling rate, on board memory, sensitivity, resolution, ADC, DAC, single shot acquisition,input impedance, time base range, how dc gain acuarcy effects, chanel to channel skew,what is trigger bandwidth, trigger jitter.

can you please provide me some note on this, because i m one of the duffer in the world, who does not know even this simple technical terms, please help me to get some details. let me know what is the each and every parameter indicates and what is the importance of that parameter in real time?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,358 Views)

Hi Sahara,

When first starting out, it is most helpful to go to ni.com and search for these topics of question.  For instance, you can find similar links for PXI, PCI and PCIe that you found about arbitrary waveform generators.

The other concepts that you listed are fundamental topics for data acquisition and you should be able to find good descriptions in any search engine.  Also, here is the link to the page to download the DAQmx driver.  This is the driver that you can use to make calls to data aquisition drivers from National Instruments.  When you download the driver, you can access the DAQmx Help file.  This installs at Programs >> National Instruments >> NI DAQ >> NI-DAQmx Help.  Then when you open the Help File, you can go to the search tab and search for most of these topics you have listed.

Hopefully this information will be helpful for you.  As just one last note, I wanted to let you know that on the forums we usually like to keep one thread per topic.  Next time, when you have additional questions about a new product line, please try to start a new forum question in a new thread.  Thank you!

Regards,
Vanessa L.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,339 Views)