From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I change digital ouput to active drive using DAQmx base?

Hi,

I finally figured out how to change the firmware of my USB-6501 to work with DAQmx Base, only to find out that I can't use the channel property node to change the output driver type to "active drive".  Is it possible to change the digital output driver to active drive in DAQmx Base?  Ultimately I'd like to incorporate it into the Interactive Control vi that comes with Base.  I'm using LV 8.6, and Base 3.2.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,039 Views)

Hi Mike,

As you have found out, the channel property nodes can only be accessed for the DAQmx driver.  However, there is a DAQmx base task configuration utility that should enable you to achieve the "active drive" functionality.  This utility can be found in the help dropdown menu within LabVIEW.  According to this KnowledgeBase article, set the DIO Voltage Level property to 0-3.3V to configure the equivalent of the "active drive" property value.

David

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

David
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Digital Multimeters
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,021 Views)