Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing digital data of ni5640R

Hi,

I am using ni5640R card in a PCI slot using API Interface (5640R instrument driver V1.2).I am using LabVIEW 8.5.1 and PC is loaded with Windows XP.

I have the following doubts.(I have already posted the same, but didn't get any reply)

1. I tried to generate a sine wave using API interface.I got the analog output and viewed the result in an Anritsu spectrum analyser.I could observe the waveform from both analog channels AO0 and AO1one at a time.I could also vary frequency and amplitude of the sine wave.I want to monitor the digital data (before it gets up_converted and analog converted) in the PC itself using PCI bus interface or modulation toolkit(MT) .Please explain me how to achieve this.

2.Please explain how to access (acquire) output of any digital blocks of the VI in the PC using LabVIEW or MT.

3.It is also found that LabVIEW FPGA module can be used instead of API.I am using NI LabVIEW FPGA module V8.5.1.Though I tried to use this toolkit several times, I couldn't make it functional.When FPGA module is used , 5640R card is not detecetd .But when 5640 API is used, card is detected.Because card is not detected while using FPGA module, I am not able to program or proceed further.We also have installed the NI RIO software of version 2.4.When RIO is installed it shows a list of hardware it support in which 5640R is not shown.When FPGA module is used , the device list is same as that shown by RIO.(5640R is not found in that list also). I came to know that the FPGA module works only with NI RIO V2.3.1. Is it so? Can you tell me what is wrong and help me to use FPGA module for programming 5640R?

Looking for an immediate reply.

Thanks in advnce...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,911 Views)

Duplicate Post. See this:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=290&message.id=1005

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,866 Views)