From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9472 Error 50808 with cDAQ-9172

I am using the module NI-9472 (digital output) to switch a din-rail Relay with 24V DC that is switching a 3phase contactor, but am I getting the error 50808 when using this module with the cDAQ-9172 on slot 1.

I have tryed the same application, with the same 9472 module with cDAQ-9171 and everything is working ok. The problem only pressists with the cDAQ-9172 and only when I connect the cables from the 9472 module to the relays. If these cables are disconected, I never get the error, and the module LEDs work just fine.

I am also posting the VI I am using in order to get some help, maybe I should do this in other way.

Thank you for the help.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,789 Views)

Hello,

DAQmx returns these errors after the host PC's USB controller reports a USB transaction error. 

To recover from this state, you may use this : Programmatically Reset USB DAQ device in LabVIEW

The underlying issue could come from the host controller, the device, or even the USB cable. Some host controllers are more susceptible than others to encountering these transaction errors.  It is recommended to double-check your USB cable and if necessary try the device on a different host controller.

You could try a different USB host controller (PCI USB host controllers cost typically between 20 and 30 dollars).

You'll find all these information in the following document : Why Do I Receive Error -50405 or Error -50808 Using an NI USB DAQ Device When Inserting or Removing ...

FYI, a customer who met the same issue get the 9172 working by using an externally powered USB hub.

Regards

Jérémy C.
NI France

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,778 Views)

I have also this problem. The system is already 4 years running without this problem.

I look at the FQA, but the link is broken.

You'll find all these information in the following document : Why Do I Receive Error -50405 or Error -50808 Using an NI USB DAQ Device When Inserting or Removing ...

Where is the document now ??

Kind rgeards, 

B. Cornet

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,255 Views)

Hello BasC,

The document is now internal but it contains basically everything I wrote.

The only part I didn't wrote is the following one :

DAQmx returns these errors after the host PC's USB controller reports a USB transaction error. According to Intel's specification, a transaction error is any error that caused the host controller to think that the transfer did not complete successfully.

Regards,

Jérémy C.
NI France

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,245 Views)