Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8451 error codes

Is there a document which lists the 8451 Error Codes?  The reason I ask is in all the debugging I have done, I received many error messages and I have yet to see one other than:

Unable to decipher status code  0x657b (25979)

Error - 3 - Status code not defined.

This seems to be a catch all error message.

/Chris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,819 Views)

Hi ChrisInLG,

Do you know which VI or function the error is coming from?

Thanks!

Chris T.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,804 Views)

Two simple cases come to mind...

1) If I call the ni845xFindDevice routine with no 8451 connected, I will get this message.  I would have thought a "no device found" error msg would be appropriate.

2) If I had just issued a sequence to write to EEPROM on a device on the I2C bus and I then issue an

ni845xI2cWrite 

command issuing a soft reset to the device on the bus, I get this same error message, due to the fact that the EEPROM update was not finished.  Adding a delay of 20 or so ms cured the problem.  But I would have expected a error message tell me that the 8451 did not recieve an ACK.

3) if I send an invalid command to the I2C device resulting in a NAK rather than an ACK, I also get this error message.  

These are fairly simple and common errors that I would have thought the error handler would call out.  Hence I was wondering what errors conditions are actually recognized and report on by the ni845xStatusToString call.

/Chris

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,799 Views)

Hi ChrisInLG,

The error codes that are used can be found in the C header files for the 845x driver. There it defines the constants and has the corresponding error value next to it.

Header file is named:

ni845x.h

Can be found in Program Files\National Instruments\NI-845X\MS Visual C

Hope this helps!

Chris T.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,787 Views)

Thanks Chris....That helps.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,785 Views)