cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Create New DQMH Event..." script edits Launcher.vi instead of Test API.vi

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have created Launcher.vi ("Launcher") by coping and editing Test API.vi ("Tester"), looking at Launcher.vi in CML DQMH template as an example.

Now every time I add an event to the module, the script populates case structure in Launcher instead of Tester, which is inconvenient, since I have to recreate changes in Tester and remove cases in Launcher.

How can I tell the DQMH script which vi is Tester for the module?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,432 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bratdv

Run Tools > DQMH Consortium > DQMH > Module > Validate DQMH Module. The validation results will tell you that you have multiple VIs tagged as Tester VIs. Click the 'Fix' button in the lower right to point to the VI that is actually the tester. This will remove the tester tag from your Launcher VI and solve the issue.

Message 2 of 7
(1,423 Views)

I am hazarding a guess that your event structure in Launcher.vi is titled "DQMH_EVENT_TESTER".  Try removing this title.  The scripting code is probably looking for this tag to update the event structure.

Christopher Farmer

Certified LabVIEW Architect and LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
https://wiredinsoftware.com.au

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,419 Views)

I have started with Ozfarmboy's guess.

Renaming case structure in Launcher did not help. The scripter still opened up the Launcher, but couldn't insert the case in the structure because it could not find the correct label.

Then I ran Validation tool per Darren's advice. It explained my mistake in plain text - I have two "tester" tagged VIs in module's disk folder. So, to solve the problem I could:

- select which vi is a real tester (via validation tool dialog). Launcher's Tester tag would be removed from it.

- or move Launcher vi from the module's disk directory.

I went with second option, as I should have done in the first place when creating Launcher vi.

Case solved. Thanks Darren and Ozfarmboy!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,355 Views)

I'm glad you got the issue fixed, although I still think it's a good idea to remove the DQMH Tester Tag from your Launcher VI in case you ever copy/move that VI in the future, you don't want the errant scripting issue to start happening again.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,332 Views)

Is there a way to do it manually, without DQMH Validation tool? For tool to work I have to save the Launcher first in module's folder, then run the tool and then move the file in final destination folder.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,298 Views)

Sure. With your project closed, you can run the attached VI (saved in LabVIEW 2015) to remove the DQMH Tester tag from the specified VI. And more generally, this VI will remove the identifying tag from any DQMH template VI, if you ever need to do that for other VIs for whatever reason.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,271 Views)