From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Zuehlke] Project explorer menu for DQMH

Solved!
Go to solution

I have developed an extension for the Project explorer for the DQMH Toolkit. As a small thank you I would like to contribute something to this super toolkit.

Edit 2018_06_12:

• Now supports >= LV2014
  • Added DQMH 4.0 functions
  • Bugfixed Project explorer crash

Edit 2018_06_16:

• Speed optimized for Fab! 😉

Edit 2018_10_16

• Adaptations and enhancements for DQMH 4.1

Edit 2019_02_04

• Adaptations and enhancements for DQMH 4.2

Edit 2019_08_19

• Autopopulation (Automatic filling)  of the "Project explorer menu" for future DQMH versions

Edit 2020_02_20:

• Installer now supports >= LV2014  (sorry!)

Edit 2021_01_21

Have fun

Claude

www.zuehlke.com

Capture.PNG

CLA / CTD
Message 1 of 38
(7,463 Views)

Great stuff! Thanks, Claude!

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 38
(7,451 Views)

Hi Claude,

Thanks for sharing this tool with the DQMH community. A lot of people have requested this functionality. You are a brave soul for working with project providers, as I mentioned in my presentation at the CLA Summit in Europe, they are Voodoo! Darren Nattinger also mentioned something similar in his presentation at NI Week 2018.

I reviewed the tool this weekend and I have some feedback for improvement, in case you were planning on continuing to work on it.

• It would be nice for the welcome installer VI to mention DQMH 😉 I know, people are getting the tool from this website, but what if someone gets it as a hand me down? 
  • The right-click menu options are missing the two new menus introduced with DQMH 4.0: Create RT Tester and  New DQMH Unit Test
  • This one, I don't think we will be able to solve, but it would be important for people to be aware of the danger: If I cancel out of Rename Module (or any of the DQMH tools) when initiated via the right-click menu on the project explorer, I can no longer work on the project, I had to kill LabVIEW
  • I noticed the tool is supported for 2017 or newer. As of now, DQMH supports 2014 or newer

I hope you find this feedback useful.

Thanks again for sharing and for calling DQMH a "super" toolkit. 

Regards,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 38
(7,371 Views)

Hi Fab

Thanks for your positive feedback. I will create a new version and extend the new functions for DQMH 4.0.
=> I will also make a try with LV2014.

By the way: Did you see the module names filled in automatically? 😉

Regards
Claude

CLA / CTD
Message 4 of 38
(7,367 Views)

Hi Fab

Thanks for the review and the tips. I was able to find and fix the problems (it was a Traverse and OneButtonDialog problem).
Now the DQMH 4.0 functions are also supported if DQMH 4.0 is installed. Additionally the tool is now >= LV2014 compatible!

Update! 😉

Regards
Claude

CLA / CTD
Message 5 of 38
(7,355 Views)

Hi Claude,

I did a quick test and it seems all the issues I mentioned were addressed.

Regarding the module names filling automatically, I didn't notice the first time because I am used to clicking really fast through all the dialogs. After you mentioned this, I waited a little bit and I did see the Module names changing.

Thanks for sharing this tool with the community. If I have any other feedback, I will let you know. 

Happy wiring,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 38
(7,283 Views)

Yes, you're right, the speed wasn't fully optimized yet. The latest version should now be fast enough for Fab! 😉
Update!

CLA / CTD
Message 7 of 38
(7,277 Views)

Hi Claude,

thanks for sharing this tool.

(1) When i try to create a new event by right clicking at a dqmh *.lvlib, i get this error message:

Creating the new event from menubar works. I checked the folder and the file -> looks good, folder and file exists, i can open that file...

(2) When i try to create a new event right clicking a virtual folder in the lvlib, the menu has only 1 entry: "Add New DQMH Module..."

(3) Right Clicking on a VI, there is no "DQMH" entry in the menu

best regards
Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 38
(7,195 Views)

Hi Thomas

Thanks for your feedback. Can you tell me your LabVIEW (32/64bit/Language) and DQMH version?
=> Have you activated VI server?

If you want to debug the interface yourself, you can find the files in the directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2017\resource\Framework\Providers\ZE_DQMH

The most important files are:
CreateEvent_Item_OnPopupMenu.vi (Defines the popup menu)
CreateEvent_Item_OnCommand.vi (Executes the command)

regards
Claude

CLA / CTD
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 38
(7,190 Views)

Hi Claude,

here is the missing screenshot from the error message.

LabVIEW is 2017 32bit

DQMH is latest version

VI Server has all checkmarks set

best regards
Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 38
(7,184 Views)