DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop clones with another EHL

Hi, DQMH community, I am learning about DQMH and today I am trying to add an extra EHL to handle only UI events. A simple test I did was just a stop button to stop the clone by send an exit message to the MHL. When I open several clones with the tester, if I click the stop button, I can only close one of the clones and all other clones don't respond. I have to use the tester to send request to close the rest. 

However, If I just use the original EHL to handle the stop button, everything works fine. The attached screenshot is the working case. Simply move the stop button handling to the top EHL will make it weird as described above. 

I don't quite understand why as they should do the same thing as I understand. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(806 Views)

Hi Yanfei Jiang,

@Louis.J wrote:

When I open several clones with the tester, if I click the stop button, I can only close one of the clones and all other clones don't respond. I have to use the tester to send request to close the rest. 

Are you expecting all clones to exit if you press a single Stop button?  That won't work.  When the Stop Module event is called it will check the module id and only respond if the module id matches.

Christopher Farmer

Certified LabVIEW Architect and LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
https://wiredinsoftware.com.au

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(769 Views)

Thanks Christopher, I was trying to close single clone instead all of them. But I find out why. The MHL will generate stop events to close the EHL which check the module ID. In my extra EHL, I didn't put a checking step, so any stop module event, even the stop events for other clones, will stop the extra EHL and it won't respond to the UI event anymore. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(764 Views)