From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Null Broadcast Events--constant.vi

Solved!
Go to solution

Where can I find more information on the Null Broadcast Events--constant use? The documentation is not very helpful.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,613 Views)

Hi Ben,

I believe it can be used if you will be registering for events later in the application. For example, if you enter the event structure before the module which broadcasts those events has been launched, you can use the null broadcast events constant before the event structure. Then when the module is launched, you will re-register for the events inside the event structure.

Message 2 of 6
(1,604 Views)

Before DQMH 6.1 Obtain Broadcast for Registration was used even if the module was not started. The events were registered again inside the event structure when the Start Module.vi was called. I still wonder how to use this new vi?

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,592 Views)

Hi, this is just a constant vi with null references

Enrique_Noe_Arias_0-1651691395711.png

You can use it to unregister an event structure already subscribed to an event.

Enrique_Noe_Arias_1-1651692024854.png

This way you can subscribe with the previous existing methods and unsuscribe programatically.

Best regards,

Enrique.

Message 4 of 6
(1,580 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ben64

We added the null bc events vi both to make it easier to unregister from the broadcast events. 

For me personally, this is a very important addition to DQMH: It perfectly captures the intent of the software to explicitly use invalid references:

- either to just define the events' datatypes at edit time without actually registering for them - that's usually when we use it to set up the event registration reference outside (ie before) the event structure

- or to unregister from a module's broadcasts from within an event structure

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

Message 5 of 6
(1,570 Views)

Thank you all, it is clearer now!

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,540 Views)