DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to quickly create a broadcast message for an existing request?

Hi,

I have an existing "request and wait for reply" reqest ("REQ Connect") which returns a Success? boolean and an error cluster. I figured that it would be nice if this request could also broadcast the same payload just like when the request is  created as a Roundtrip. 

If I create a new broadcast I can can't simply drop the reply payload of the request to the arguments window as it will put an extra cluster around it. I can break up the existing reply payload cluster to its elements which works but then I have two identical typedefs which is pretty bad.

Once the broadcast is created I can't replace the cluster in the broadcast VI with the reply payload of the request cause it breaks several other things in the dqmh module. 

What do I miss?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(640 Views)

It sounds like what you're looking for is to convert a Request and Wait for Reply into a Round Trip. That functionality is not currently available, although I could see how it would be useful. For now, you'll need to create the new broadcast and copy the parameters from within the reply payload cluster into the new broadcast arguments window. Yes, this will mean you have two identical typedefs in your code.

Message 2 of 2
(616 Views)