DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Efficiency tip when trying to run lots of Validate Module 'fix' operations

Navigating through several 'Fix Issue' button clicks in the DQMH Validation Results window can be frustrating. I feel confident that the DQMH Consortium will investigate ways to make this process smoother in a future DQMH release.

But for now, I discovered a way to go through lots of 'Fix Issue' operations faster than mouse clicking. If you click the 'Fix Issue' button (or navigate to it via the Tab key and activate it), you can then press Shift-Tab on your keyboard to navigate back to the Validation Failures list. Then you can press Down Arrow to go to the next item in the list. If it has a 'Fix Issue' button, you can then press Tab on your keyboard to tab over to the button, and press Space Bar or Enter to activate the 'Fix Issue' button. Then repeat these steps as you navigate down the Validation Failures list. I find this to be much faster than clicking back and forth between the list and the 'Fix Issue' button.

To summarize, use keyboard navigation to go back and forth between the Validation Failures list and the Fix Issue button:

Tab to Fix Issue button
Press Space

Shift-Tab back to list
Down Arrow to next item
repeat

Message 1 of 1
(562 Views)