DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DQMH validation after upgrade from 6.0 to 6.1

Solved!
Go to solution

I just upgraded to DQMH 6.1 and as a first step validated all DQMH modules. There is an issue: "Missing Code to Show Main VI diagram on initialization". The description is: "The Start Module.vi for this module does not include an input to show the module Main VI on initialization. DQMH 6.1 and later includes the ability to do this in order to aid in debugging problems in module initialization code."

When I try to fix it, I get an error message: "Error 1077 occurred at Invoke Node in Show Main Diagram on Init - Fixer.vi->DQMH Validate Module.lvlib:DQMH Validate Module Results UI.vi->DQMH Validate Module.lvlib:Validation Starter UI.vi | Possible reason(s): LabVIEW: (Hex 0x435) Invalid property value. Method Name: Set Property"

So what is it about?

dqmh error message 1077dqmh error message 1077

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(1,697 Views)

Hello @Ludwig72, some questions to help figure out the issue:

Do you have the error for all failures or just one?

Do your modules are in auto-populating folders?

Do you have missing items in your project?

Olivier Jourdan

Wovalab founder | DQMH Consortium board member | LinkedIn |

Stop writing your LabVIEW code documentation, use Antidoc!
Message 2 of 12
(1,672 Views)

@Olivier-JOURDAN wrote:

Do you have the error for all failures or just one?

Yes, for this issue the error occurs in all modules.

@Olivier-JOURDAN wrote:

Do your modules are in auto-populating folders?

No, I don't use auto-populating folders in this project.

@Olivier-JOURDAN wrote:

Do you have missing items in your project?

No, there were no missing items and the code was working well with DQMH 6.0. And if I ignore this issues, the code is wotking with version 6.1 as well.

The DQMH validation didn't return errors under DQMH 6.0 also. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(1,664 Views)

Did the DQMH Palette 6.1 get installed? Make sure you don't still have the DQMH 6.0 palette, which would definitely cause the problem you're seeing:

vipm.png

Assuming you do have the DQMH 6.1 palette installed, can you reply with a screenshot of the Start Module.vi diagram for your DQMH 6.0 module? In particular I'd like to see any 'Module Admin' or 'Mod Admin' property nodes.

Message 4 of 12
(1,646 Views)

My DQMH version numbers are all the same as in your screenshot.

Here is my "start module.vi" from one of the (already updated) DQMH 6.0 modules:

start module.vistart module.vi

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(1,636 Views)

Are you using English LabVIEW, or another language?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(1,625 Views)

English MIDE 20.0.1f1 (32-bit) incl. FPGA

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(1,610 Views)

I'm out of ideas. Can you post a DQMH 6.0 module that exhibits the problem so I can try to validate it?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(1,599 Views)

since all of my modules deliver the same issue, I send you a considerably basic one: 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(1,588 Views)

I was able to run the validate tool on your module without error, so something looks to be messed up on your machine. Can you open the DUT Com.lvlib:Start Module.vi and click on the Module Admin property node and screenshot the drop-down? On a normal system it looks like this:

dropdown.png

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(1,578 Views)