From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DQMH module created from user template icon issue

Solved!
Go to solution

When creating a new module from a user template the VIs icons are missing icon text and glyphs (DQMH 6.1.0, LabVIEW 2021 32-bit). Any idea what might cause the issue? Note that the new module is running ok.

This is the diagram of the Start Module.vi

Screen Shot 06-02-22 at 02.44 PM.PNG

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(1,629 Views)

The icon overlay of the template library is applied to all VIs in the library when it is created from template. I'm guessing your template library icon is messed up in some way. If you open up any of the module VIs in the library, you'll probably see the layers that define the normal icon are still there, but the library icon is maybe sitting on top of all of them. In general, your library icon should only be the banner at the top, and should have nothing else, like this:

lib.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(1,626 Views)

That is not the case, the other layers are just missing.

Screen Shot 06-02-22 at 03.02 PM.PNGScreen Shot 06-02-22 at 03.01 PM.PNG

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(1,621 Views)

And I'm assuming the source VIs in the template do have other layers. Any chance you could provide a module template that reproduces the issue? I've never seen this before.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(1,611 Views)

@ben64 wrote:

That is not the case, the other layers are just missing.

Screen Shot 06-02-22 at 03.02 PM.PNGScreen Shot 06-02-22 at 03.01 PM.PNG

Ben

The overlay goes on top of every other layer in the individual VIs, it's usually only the top banner piece. Meaning, your "VI Icon" layer (the big white box) is covering up everything you want to be seeing. Delete that layer and apply to all VIs. Should get you going.

Redhawk
Test Engineer at Moog Inc.

Saying "Thanks that fixed it" or "Thanks that answers my question" and not giving a Kudo or Marked Solution, is like telling your waiter they did a great job and not leaving a tip. Please, tip your waiters.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,600 Views)

I am experiencing the same issue.

I was able to recreate the issue by creating a new cloneable module (icons are ok at this point), saving the unchanged cloneable module as a template, then adding a module from that template. The template is attached. The icons appear to be correct in the template until I use it to create a new module

I am also working in DQMH 6.1.0 and LabVIEW 2021 SP1

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(1,531 Views)

Thanks Beth. I am able to reproduce the issue with the 'Icon Test' module template you attached, but I can't reproduce it with a module template that I create from scratch based on your instructions. I'm using LabVIEW 2021 SP1 and DQMH 6.1. I have reported this problem to the DQMH Consortium as Issue #788. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,512 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ben64

It turns out that this is a LabVIEW bug (not a DQMH scripting bug) specific to LabVIEW 2021 SP1, and was reported to LV R&D as Bug 2009264. It is scheduled to be fixed in the LV 2022 Q3 release, but I'll let y'all know if I find out about any possible workarounds.

Message 8 of 9
(1,486 Views)

It makes sense, the module template was created with LV2019. I made a copy and recompiled with LV2021 SP1. No issue with LV2019.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,454 Views)