From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DQMH Consortium Toolkits Feature Requests

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darren

Script the 'Status' string update code in the API Tester for new broadcast events

Done in DQMH 6.0

When I create a new Broadcast, here's what the new frame in the API Tester looks like:

1.png

I almost always end up adding the following code by hand (usually by copying it from another frame):

2.png

It seems to me that most of this code could be scripted. Maybe everything except the value of the first format string?

(idea originally posted here)

3 Comments
FabiolaDelaCueva
Active Participant
Status changed to: Released

This was one of the ideas backed by the DQMH Trusted Advisors for the next DQMH release (post 5.0 release).

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
doyles

Awesome! Very glad to hear that this is both proposed and already accepted.  I was just thinking about adding the request the other day and finally came to write it and voila!

Olivier-JOURDAN
Active Participant
Status changed to: Looking for Maintainer(s)

Done in DQMH 6.0

Olivier Jourdan

Wovalab founder | DQMH Consortium board member | LinkedIn |

Stop writing your LabVIEW code documentation, use Antidoc!