DQMH Consortium Toolkits Feature Requests

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CyGa

Create an API to start and stop a tester

Hi @CyGa,

We understand your use case. Unfortunately, we are not keen to create, maintain, and document an API for the API Tester.

That said, thank you for your input. It is most appreciated.

Please keep those ideas coming!

I sometimes need to launch and stop a tester programmatically (mainly from TS).

I can launch the tester programmatically using VI server, but I need to do this wrapper for each tester.

To stop a tester, there is no way to actually do it programmatically.

The only action that stop a tester is manual one (closing the tester's window).

I would like a Tester API (basically 2 VIs) created by default in every module that would allow me to launch and stop a tester programmatically.

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
View Cyril Gambini's profile on LinkedIn
This post is made under CC BY 4.0 DEED licensing
2 Comments
Enrique.Noe

This is a great idea! Here's how I picture it: every module has two events, one called "Show API Tester" and another called "Close API Tester". These events let us run and debug the modules we are working on and invoke the api testers programatically, saving us the hassle of looking for the API Testers.

If this Idea gets accepted, I would also request to add this two vis references to the Scripting API to allow panther Dashboard call those vis, and maybe add another feature like "Show all API Testers" and "Close All API Testers" directly form Panther Dashboard.

Olivier-JOURDAN
Active Participant
Status changed to: Declined

Hi @CyGa,

We understand your use case. Unfortunately, we are not keen to create, maintain, and document an API for the API Tester.

That said, thank you for your input. It is most appreciated.

Please keep those ideas coming!

Olivier Jourdan

Wovalab founder | DQMH Consortium board member | LinkedIn |

Stop writing your LabVIEW code documentation, use Antidoc!