From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change in data

Hi,

I have a column(channel) in diadem with a range of dates and times for each date at erratic intervals, which means that each date appears for a random number of rows.

I would like to split the channel so that each date is in a new channel of its own, with each channel bing a 24 hour period. I think this means going down the rows and finding a change in date and cutting it off at that point, but i would like to automate it in a script.

I have attached the file.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,152 Views)

Hi officespace,

Do you have any other channels in DIAdem besides the datetime channel that you also want to partition according to the datetime row values?  What can you possibly do with only one datetime channel or even N partitioned, daily datetime channels?  I don't want to send you a solution for 1 channel that doesn't work with the N channel problem you actually have.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,130 Views)

Yes I have 5 additional channels that i would like to be cut off at the same points as the date channel, and put into new channels.

The channel order should be like this: Day1, Ch1, Ch2, Ch3, Ch4, Ch5, Day2, Ch1...........

Also i should mention that the channels for each day should be in a separate channel group.

Thanks for the help,

Ariel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,120 Views)

Hi Ariel,

Here is a VBScript that assumes the data to sort has already been loaded and is the only Group in the Data Portal, and that the name of the datetime channel is "Date" as it was in your posted example.  It sorts all the Channels in the raw Group by date into new Groups, one per day, and deletes the original raw Group.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,045 Views)