From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InteractionOn Error

Hi,

when I run a Python-Script with DIAdem 2021 SP1 and call dd.InteractionOn("some info string"), after selecting one channel with a mouseclick and clicking on the InteractionOn pop-up to close it. When I then call dd.InteractionOn("some other info string") a second time shortly thereafter, I get the following error:

File "<COMObject <unknown>>", line 2, in InteractionOn.
pywintypes.com_error: (-2147352567, 'Exception error occurred.', (5923, 'DIAdem OCMD-Object', 'Command: "InteractionOn"\r\n\r\nA dialog with the name "INTERACTIONOFFDLG" already exists.', None, 0, 0), None)

(translated from German)

However I don't always get this error, sometimes it displays other times it doesn't. It most probably is an issue of the InteractionOn not stopping, because sometimes it stays on the screen after a mouseclick (to end the interaction) and the second InteractionOn dialog is called without refreshing the displayed info string / message.

Before I call dd.InteractionOn("...") a second time, I call dd.InteractionOff() but this doesn't help in fixing the bug.

If somebody could tell me how I may fix this bug I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance!

Info: I use the internal Python 3.8 installation

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,117 Views)

Hi Codingeric,

Neither my colleague nor I can reproduce this problem. But you can try to have small delay after the command interactionon like this here:

while dd.SUDNonmodalDlgCount > 0:

dd.Pause(0.1)

Greetings

Walter

Message 2 of 3
(1,090 Views)

Hi Walter,

thanks for your reply! That did not work, as the dialog won't close, it is then stuck in a for loop. However what solved it for me was to display a message box with dd.MsgBoxDisp("some message"). An explanation may be that this is a threading issue and calling a MsgBox may interrupt the InteractionOn.

Greetings

codingeric

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,081 Views)