From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flags:Copy Data Points - NOVALUE

In View, I'm setting flags along a curve, for this case lets say 3 flags. I then use the Flags: Copy Data Points feature. That outputs a total of 5 data points, however points 2 and 4 show as NOVALUE. What is going on here?

My intention is to use this feature to tag locations on a curve to extract the x axis value (time).

One more thing, what is the difference in using the "Set Flags" and "Set Data Point and Flag"?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,437 Views)
Hey Brian,

I think the NOVALUE you see are just here to remind you if the selected points where adjacent or not in the original channel. I don't see any explanation in the Help though... But as the NOVALUE do not interact with vizualization or calculations that should be fine right ?

As for the Flags question :
1) "Set Flags" just selects an existing point on your curve.
2) "Set Data Point and Flag" adds a new point on your curve (e.g for future interpolation) and selects it with a flag.

At least that's my understanding.
CLAMaxime -- Kudos are a great way to say thank you
Message 2 of 4
(2,426 Views)

NOVALUE messed with the final output that I was going for.

I was able to incorporate ChnNovHandle to get rid of the NOVALUE data points.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,418 Views)

Actually, the 'Set Data Point and Flag' function assigns a Y value to a channel point that had recently been assigned NoValue.  Full details at:

https://www.time-series-data-management-system.com/diadem-view.html#Flags

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,096 Views)