Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diadem doesn't generate result channels

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, 

I have a problem with Diadem...

I tried to find the maximum value from a specific channel (in my case, the channel is Motor current).

I followed these steps: tdms files uploaded in Data Portal, the Diadem Analysis - Channel Functions - Find Peaks -

In the following window:

X-channel: Time;

Y-channel: Motor current;

Search criterion: Maxima;

Specify peaks: By size of the amplitudes;

Maximum number of peaks: 1, I did not check Store result in original channel and then I pressed OK.

But in Data portal I see no result channel, allthough I read in Diadem manual that

"DIAdem generates two result channels. The first result channel contains the x-values of the peaks. The second result channel contains the y-values of the peaks".

Have you had this problem so far?

Thank you in advance and have a nice day.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,792 Views)

Hi arcasdaniel,

To check whether there is a general problem, please can you calculate the maximum in the same way but with any channel of the example dataset?

If this works fine, use “Refresh values” with your dataset before calculating the maximum.

Walter_Rick_0-1636530003486.png

If this does not work, we can have a look at your dataset to check what happens.

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,768 Views)

Hello Walter,

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, I don't have refresh icon on Data Portal (I use Diadem 2017):

arcasdaniel_0-1636534022421.png

I tried to calculate the maximum value on another dataset, but without success: no result channel shown.

Also, I tried a script to refresh Data portal, but nothing. The script used is:

Call Portal.Refresh
Call Portal.Structure.Selection.Add(Data.Root.ChannelGroups(1))

I will try to find a solution to my problem by just writing a script and running it.. hope to work.

Thank you!

Best regards, 

Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,762 Views)

Hello Daniel,

Yes, this icon was added in one of the latest versions and I have tested in DIAdem 2021 SP1. The script command behind this icon is ChnCharacterAll.

I have also tested this in DIAdem 2017 SP1 with the example dataset. The results of the ChnPeakFind function are stored in the Default channel group. The names are PeakX and PeakY. The function works fine on my side.

By the way, if you are only interested in the max value, you can find it in the channel properties. There is the min and max value of a channel stored.

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,759 Views)

Hello Walter,

Thank you for your time.

I finally managed to make channel result appear in Data Portal, after using the same script as I had previously mentioned it:

Call Portal.Refresh

Now, in Data Portal, I can see the result channels (PeakX and PeakY). I attach here the entire script:

Dim i
For i = 1 to groupcount
Dim oGroupChns, oMyChn
Set oGroupChns = Data.Root.ChannelGroups(i).Channels

If not oGroupChns.Exists("PeakX") Then
Set oMyChn = oGroupChns.Add("PeakX",DataTypeChnFloat64)
Else
Set oMyChn = oGroupChns("PeakX")
End If

If not oGroupChns.Exists("PeakY") Then
Set oMyChn = oGroupChns.Add("PeakY",DataTypeChnFloat64)
Else
Set oMyChn = oGroupChns("PeakY")
End If

'Set ChnResult = ChnPeakFind(XW, Y, ResultChannel, ResultChannel, PeakNo, PeakType, PeakSort)
Set ChnResult = ChnPeakFind("Time", "Motor current", "PeakX", "PeakY", 1, "Max.Peaks", "Amplitude")
Call ChnPeakFind("Time", "Motor current", "PeakX", "PeakY", 1, "Max.Peaks", "Amplitude")

Next

Call Portal.Refresh

This script provides a PeakX and a PeakY channel in every group in Data Portal, and that is exactly what I wanted.

But I encountered another problem: As I run script, minimum and maximum value are store only in the first group in Data portal..

arcasdaniel_0-1636577765503.png

For the other groups (starting with the second), no data is available in PeakX or PeakY channel:

arcasdaniel_1-1636577865529.png

I am looking for a solution to have data stored in PeakX and PeakY channel from every group.

As I am new in this forum, I ask: is this another topic and should I start another discussion or could you (or anybody else) help me with this here?

Thank you one more time Walter for all your help.

Best regards

Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,740 Views)
Solution
Accepted by arcasdaniel

Hi Daniel,

In your script the results of all ChnPeakFind call are always stored in the first channel group. With a few modifications it will work as expected. (By the way the variable groupcount is marke das obsolete)

Example 1:

Dim i, oGroups, oGroupChns, oChnResX, oChnResY

set oGroups = Data.Root.ChannelGroups

For i = 1 to oGroups.Count
  Set oGroupChns = oGroups(i).Channels

If not oGroupChns.Exists("PeakX") Then
    Set oChnResX = oGroupChns.Add("PeakX",DataTypeChnFloat64)  ' create a channel in a certain group
  Else
    Set oChnResX = oGroupChns("PeakX")
  End If

If not oGroupChns.Exists("PeakY") Then
    Set oChnResY = oGroupChns.Add("PeakY",DataTypeChnFloat64) ' create a channel in a certain group
  Else
    Set oChnResY = oGroupChns("PeakY")
  End If

'Set ChnResult = ChnPeakFind(XW, Y, ResultChannel, ResultChannel, PeakNo, PeakType, PeakSort)
  call ChnPeakFind("Time", "Motor current", oChnResX, oChnResY, 1, "Max.Peaks", "Amplitude")

Next

Alternatively, you can let the function create the result channels and check whether the source channels are available.

Example 2:

Dim i, oGroups, oGroupChns, oChnX, oChnY

set oGroups = Data.Root.ChannelGroups

For i = 1 to oGroups.Count
  call oGroups(i).Activate                  ' set the default group
  Set oGroupChns = oGroups(i).Channels

If not oGroupChns.Exists("Time") Then
    call MsgBox("No >Time< channel.")
    exit for
  Else
    Set oChnX = oGroupChns("Time")
  End If

If not oGroupChns.Exists("Motor current") Then
    call MsgBox("No >Motor current< channel.")
    exit for
  Else
    Set oChnY = oGroupChns("Motor current")
  End If

Call ChnPeakFind(oChnX, oChnY, "/PeakX", "/PeakY", 1, "Max.Peaks", "Amplitude") ' / means: create result channels in the default group

Next

(And of course, create a combination of both.)

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,731 Views)

Hello Walter,

This script works, it is exactly what I have been looking for.

I want to thank you for all support.

Wish you all the best!

Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,721 Views)