From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIAdem 10 PDF Export problems

Hello,

when I export my report in to PDF I get always lines in it which I never see in DIAdem-Report and the problem I did never have with 9.1
The lines are always at TextObject's but not all and not all sides.

Thomas
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(7,486 Views)

Hi Thomas,

The Text Object in DIAdem REPORT often prints its grid or outline lines weird.  If you have strict printing requirements, I would recommend moving away from using that object and substituting regular textbox objects or 2D table objects instead.

Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(7,469 Views)

Hello,

to set them transparent does solve this problem as well.

Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(7,405 Views)
I am not able to use Diadem PDF export it keeps on showing following error

windows shows following error message

ACTIVATION ERROR
     PRINTER NOT ACTIVATED, ERROR CODE -30

i am using Diadem 10.2

is there any key in registry where  i can go and activate the printer directly or do i need to reinstall the printer program

can anyone help me out of this.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(6,996 Views)

Hi coolguru,

This is what you need to do to reset the DIAdem PDF Printer:

0. Close all instances of DIAdem on that computer

1. Delete the DIAdem PDF printer from the list of printers in the Printers dialog (Start Menu>>Settings>>Printers and Faxes)

2. Start RegEdit and browse to the key 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\National Instruments\DIAdem\Shared'

3. Delete the variables 'GUID' and 'PDF Version' from this registry key

4. Start DIAdem with Administrative privileges on that computer

Let us know how this works for you,
Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

Message 5 of 11
(6,982 Views)
It is not still working

till it is showing

Printer not activated Error Code 30
is there any way to activate it  
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(6,863 Views)

I have Diadem 11.1 on XP 64 SP2 with admin privileges and receive "Printer not activated Error Code 30" from the PDF Export. I looked in RegEdit and did not find 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\National Instruments\DIAdem\Shared' or the variables 'GUID' or 'PDF Version' that are mentioned for the Diadem 10 PDF Export solution.

Please advise what variables I should delete from the registry key or what I need to do to solve this problem.

Thanks,
Debbie

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(5,920 Views)

Hello Debbie,

DIAdem 11.1 is not tested for XP 64. DIAdem 11.1 with service pack 1 is supporting the following OS: XP-32, VISTA-32/64 and W7-32/64. DIAdem 11.1 without SP1 can have problems with PDF on the 64 bit OS. These problems are fixed with the service pack.

So you can try to install the service pack 1 of DIAdem 11.1, maybe it helps on XP-64, too.

Link to the DIAdem 11.1 SP1:

English version: http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2140

English version with DAC:http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2139

German version: http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2138

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(5,890 Views)

Hi Walter,

This solved the problems on XP-64. Your assistance is very appreciated.

Thanks,

Debbie

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(5,872 Views)

I also get the "Printer Not Activated, Error Code - 30" error.  I have a few old reports that I haven't had a chance to get working in DIAdem 2010 so I run them in DIAdem 11.1.  When I go back and forth between the two versions I receive the error and have to follow Brad's above instructions.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(5,326 Views)