From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a waveform to a report graph

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a question that I think should be pretty basic but I can't figure it out. Using the sample data I want to use VBscript to put a waveform channel into a report layout that I already have set up. Currently I have everything scripted to show up in VIEW, but I want the flexibility to add titles and place labels where I want them so I need to switch to REPORT.

I need to add a bunch of channels so I want to eventually use this example script, but even without the loop I can't get it to work.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/DIAdem/Adding-Multiple-Channel-references-in-Diadem-Report/m-p/4156825

Dim Channels, Sheet, Graph

Set Channels = Data.Root.ChannelGroups(2).Channels
Set Sheet = Report.ActiveSheet
Set Graph = Sheet.Objects("2DAxis1")
Call Graph.Curves2D.RemoveAll()

Graph.Curves2D.Add(e2DShapeLine, "Curve1").Shape.YChannel.Reference = Channels(1).GetReference(eReferenceIndexName)

The above script adds the Y-channel I want, but my X-channel is a question mark (?). Why does it do that? I have to manually delete the question mark and then the graph will plot.

2022-05-13_07h48_13.png

Thanks,

Tyler

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(933 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TW_Test

When dealing with waveform channels, you need to set the X channel reference to "". See the example below.

Spoiler

Dim oChnWf, oRptSht, oRptObj, oCurve2D
Dim sPathDocuments, sPathData
sPathDocuments = ProgramDrv & "Examples\Documents\"
sPathData = ProgramDrv & "Examples\Data\"
Call Data.Root.Clear()
Call DataFileLoadSel(sPathData & "Example_data.tdm", "TDM", "[2]/*", "Load|ChnXYRelation")
Set oChnWf = Data.GetChannel("Noise data/Noise_1")

Set oRptSht = Report.ActiveSheet 'or Set oRptSheet = Report.Sheets.Item("Sheet 1")
Set oRptObj = oRptSht.Objects.Item("2DAxis1")
Call oRptObj.Curves2D.RemoveAll()
Set oCurve2D = oRptObj.Curves2D.Add(e2DShapeLine, "Curve1")
oCurve2D.Shape.XChannel.Reference = ""
oCurve2D.Shape.YChannel.Reference = oChnWf.GetReference(eReferenceIndexName)
Call Report.Refresh()

Message 2 of 3
(901 Views)

Thanks Mark! I knew I was missing some minor detail. I'm kind of kicking myself for not trying "" for the X-channel, but that is how scripting goes for me.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(887 Views)