DIAdem Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
Simon_Aldworth

Resample function that returns numeric channels

Many functions in DIAdem seem to be biased towards waveform channels, ignoring the classical ways of working with standalone numeric channels.

The ChnResampleFreqBased function returns waveforms when I think it should have the option to return standard numeric channels. My workaround is not to use it at all and to use the channel generation and linear mapping functions instead.

This obviates the need to reformat channels (wherein you also get a new X channel that you might not have wanted) and is less code. But why have to use two functions to get the same output that could have come from the one resampling function were it to have the option to provide numeric channels?

Regards.

1 Comment
markwkiehl

Waveform channels are generated because they are the most efficient format for the generated signals.

You can easily convert the waveform channels to numeric using the DIAdem ANALYSIS tool 'Numeric Channels <-> Waveform Channels', or the script function ChnConvertWaveformToNumeric().  

I agree that it would be beneficial to have the option to specify the channel option of numeric or waveform for every DIAdem function that generates waveform channels.