Community Source of NI Code

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI 8513 With TestStand

Hi,

I am new to NI LabVIEW and TestStand. I have following requirement for my test bench. Advise me on how to implement this requirement, based on my current idea (as below):

My UUT continously monitors Discrete and Analog signals, simulated using NI 651x (Discrete Simulation) and Multifunction DAQ (Analog Simulation) cards. Then, my UUT periodically transmits monitored discrete and analog values through its CAN Interface to the test bench's PXI 8513 CAN card. I have to validate these CAN messages for correct discrete and analog values, based on the simulated discrete and analog signals. There are multiple tests to be performed like this, for different combinations of analog and discretes.

To do this, i am planning to develop a VI which will be called from my TestStand subsequence and will run parallelly (in a new thread) for the entire duration of the test. Thus, i can continously read the periodic CAN messages transmitted from UUT and update my mirror variables (i.e. received CAN messages) in TestStand. This way, i can read very recent CAN messages and use them for test result validation in TestStand. In my MAIN sequence, i am planning to call other tests and run them in parallel.

Am i going in right direction? Advise me. Please share me existing NI source codes (if available) for my better undertanding.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,512 Views)

As you're new to LabVIEW and TestStand, what you're asking how to do is pretty advanced. It's like saying "I've just started learning English, please tell me how to write a best-selling novel."  I suggest you contact an NI partner.

Copyright © 2004-2023 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved. This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
Message 2 of 2
(4,208 Views)