Our online shopping is experiencing intermittent service disruptions.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

Community Documents

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experimental Feature - Open Document(s) from Find Project Items dialog

The Find Project Items dialog currently has some limitations:

1. Multi-select not supported

2. Project Items will be selected, but their actual documents (like VIs) won't actually be opened.

The attached files allow you to augment the functionality of the Find Project Items dialog to add these capabilities. For example:

multiselect.png

If you multi-select the VIs in the list and click "Open", their front panels will open. Also, the "Go To" button still works to highlight all selected items in the Project window.

To experiment with this functionality, follow these instructions:

1. Backup the contents of the following folder: [LabVIEW 20xx]\resource\Framework\Providers\ProjectFindDlg

2. Copy the attached files to that folder.

3. Mass compile that folder.

4. Restart LabVIEW.

This procedure is supported in LabVIEW 2016 and later. This functionality is not officially supported by NI, please submit questions/comments to the thread below.

Download All
Comments
srlm
on

Works like a charm. Thanks, Darren. 

AristosQueue
Member Member
on

Useful functionality. It works as advertised. 

Ajay_MV
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

This is great!  Is there any chance of open-sourcing it on GitHub so I can add to it?  I usually look for option like viewing the caller of the VI and from project explorer and it would be great if I get a snippet of the block diagram right next to this find dialog.

--
Ajay MV

Darren
Proven Zealot
Proven Zealot
on

@Ajay_MV Unfortunately I can't open-source this code at this time. These are modified versions of core VIs that ship with LabVIEW, and they're password-protected because they call private properties/methods that aren't officially supported by NI outside their use in official LabVIEW features.

There are some conversations taking place within NI right now about open-sourcing certain parts of LabVIEW with a future release, but no concrete timeline at present.

fabric
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

Hey Darren,

I came across this by chance... and I'm very glad I did!

Just wondering if there is a way that IDE "upgrades" like this could be made more discoverable? Perhaps a dedicated board??  

For reference, here are a few potential candidates for such a board:

Darren
Proven Zealot
Proven Zealot
on

> Just wondering if there is a way that IDE "upgrades" like this could be made more discoverable? Perhaps a dedicated board?? 

Maybe you could create a page on the LabVIEW Wiki?

Contributors