Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unused Code on Block Diagram - CLD

I received a comment on my CLD for "Unused code on block diagram".  I'm wondering if it's possible that I got docked points for putting a disable diagram with a VI utility pallet in it to explain how the project worked? It was in the Main VI.  It's something I would appreciate when trying to come up to speed on someone else's project.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(71 Views)

@UnholyPenguin wrote:

I received a comment on my CLD for "Unused code on block diagram".  I'm wondering if it's possible that I got docked points for putting a disable diagram with a VI utility pallet in it to explain how the project worked? It was in the Main VI.  It's something I would appreciate when trying to come up to speed on someone else's project.

Have you ever played with VI Analyzer?  I highly recommend using it.  This is one of those tests it will run and cause you to fail.  You can use a bookmark to ignore the results from certain tests.  I think you can get it if you have the VI Analyzer results open, have the right result selected, and you right-click on your Diagram Disable Structure.  I use the QD shortcut.

I'm saying this because part of grading the CLD is to run VI Analyzer and blindly mark down any failures.  If you still use the Diagram Disable, use this bookmark.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 3
(61 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@UnholyPenguin wrote:

Have you ever played with VI Analyzer?  I highly recommend using it.  This is one of those tests it will run and cause you to fail.  You can use a bookmark to ignore the results from certain tests.  I think you can get it if you have the VI Analyzer results open, have the right result selected, and you right-click on your Diagram Disable Structure.  I use the QD shortcut.

I'm saying this because part of grading the CLD is to run VI Analyzer and blindly mark down any failures.  If you still use the Diagram Disable, use this bookmark.

I happened to use it for the first time ever the day before the exam and I did notice a lot of things that I could easily fix such as simple, perhaps useless comments on block diagram.  That bookmark is good to know, hopefully it will help someone in the future ^^

One funny thing I noticed when I ran VI analyzer is that the QMH template is a big offender for things like wire bends.  I guess there is an inherent penalty for using a template heh

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(55 Views)